Tuesday, August 7, 2012

after waiting and waiting and waiting...

Ava  FINALLY got her ears pierced- again.  She had them pierced when she was maybe 4?  Anyways, she would NOT leave them in, and her holes grew in.  For Christmas this past year, Santa brought her some new earrings, he thought she was probably old enough to take care of them.  Well, it is now August and she just barely got them done!  Everytime she'd ask to get them done, we just couldn't afford it!  It was $50 to get them done at Claire's.  So, after asking and asking, she finally asked if she had enough money to get them done.  Talk about heartbreaking for a mom! She had $20, so I told her I'd split it with her, it was payday and I'd use some grocery money to pay the difference.  Well we went to Wal-Mart and she got them pierced and it was only $26!  I was so excited!  We still split the cost, she got $13 back.



On another note... in case anyone was wondering, I've found a remedy for non-working deodorant!  At least for the moment it's working-  put a few drops Melaleuca under the armpit and let it dry, the apply deodorant!  I use Jaime's degree right now, haha.  We'll see how long it lasts.

OH, and totally burned the crap out of my hand just after I wrote this! I grabbed a pan handle that had just been in the oven- so stupid!   Had to sleep with an ice pack.  At least now it's only tender to touch, but it hurt soooo bad all night!

3 comments:

  1. cute Ava, now just leave them in:) We paid 50 for presli's too and then after I heard walmart did them....Awesome that it's half the price!!!miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover picture. Now Ava can wear some cute earrings for her first day at her new school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Ava!! 50$?! Man prices have gone up since my girls were little.

    ReplyDelete